Building the Lean Fulfillment Stream: Supply Chain and Logistics Management
How to apply lean to the supply chain and logistics function
Workshop Code: MW-04
Day & Time: Monday, Oct 15, 2012 - 8:00 AM
Length: 8 hours
Cost: $300.00 USD
The lean journey generally begins inside a manufacturing facility, but eventually extends to the supply base and customers. That's why this workshop highlights the critical elements and "must know" concepts of lean as they apply to the supply chain and logistics. It then discusses what organizations need to do to build a successful lean fulfillment stream. The workshop shows you how to map your value stream for the extended enterprise, isolate areas of waste and uncover opportunities for cost reduction. Total cost of ownership is a common theme throughout this workshop, as it discusses and dissects the importance of supplier and customer collaboration, cross-functional cooperation and logistics and supply stream measurement.
In this workshop:
- Understand the critical elements for building a lean fulfillment stream.
- Map the extended enterprise value stream.
- Calculate "total cost of ownership" for material purchases.
- Uncover waste to reduce lead time and inventory levels.
- Create an optimized logistics network based on flow, pull and collaboration.
- Improve supplier performance and accountability.
- Improve customer satisfaction and customer relationships.
- Drive lean supply stream management and lean logistics through your organization.
- Reduce the total cost of ownership.
LeanCor, LLCFounded in 2005, LeanCor is a supply chain partner that delivers operational improvement and measurable financial results. LeanCor offers a unique combination of training and education, hands-on consulting and outsourced logistics services. This integrated portfolio of services helps organizations eliminate waste, drive down costs and instill a problem-solving culture across their supply chain.
Kevin von GrabeKevin von Grabe joined LeanCor when it started in January 2005. He is responsible for logistics engineering, transportation management and comprehensive project management surrounding the operational launches of lean logistics initiatives. Kevin is the co-author of the supply chain management workbook Building a Lean Fulfillment Stream (Lean Enterprise Institute, 2010) and complements his experience with a bachelor's degree in logistics management from Central Michigan University.
To register for this workshop, click register to add the workshop to your purchase cart.Register
Note: Online registration for workshops must be paid for by credit card.
Continue browsing: Add more workshops to your cart and check out when you are finished.