Harness your system for continuous improvement
Workshop Code: MW-21
Day & Time: Monday, Oct 15, 2012 - 8:00 AM
Length: 4 hours
Cost: $200.00 USD
Your enterprise resource planning (ERP) system can sometimes be a costly anchor dragging behind your continuous improvement efforts. You can find yourself locked in a complex and costly system that resists improvement and hinders productivity. It is a dilemma that can also be true for other enterprise systems like customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM) and product lifecycle management (PLM). But it doesn't have to be this way. There are ways to transform your ERP system into an effective, agile tool to speed change and improve value. This workshop offers supply chain and operations people with valuable takeaways to leverage their existing ERP systems that drive continuous improvement.
In this workshop:
- Hear how to use preconfigured ERP best practices as a framework for kaizen teams.
- Find out how to decide when you should depart from a preconfigured capability.
- Learn when to use MRP and other advanced planning/scheduling capabilities to support value stream flow and pull.
- Hear how a lean approach to project and change management can accelerate value realization while reducing cost and risk.
- Find out how to work with your technical support, development and integration specialists so they become part of your kaizen efforts.
- Hear how the changing technology marketplace offers new choices to consider.
- Learn how to clearly articulate your unique requirements and choose the right system and implementation approach for your business.
Lean IT StrategiesLean IT Strategies helps its clients apply lean IT principles and practices to solve their daily business challenges. Lean IT's personnel have years of industry experience and thought leadership in the lean IT disciplines. They engage with clients from a value stream perspective and look at these individual lean disciplines as contributors to overall flow of value to the business and end customer. Lean IT Strategies provides end to end application development lifecycle management.
Steve BellSteve Bell is founder of Lean IT Strategies, a consulting practice dedicated to helping clients improve the value of IT throughout their enterprise. After 15 years in the ERP industry, Steve began applying Lean philosophy to ERP implementation and software development projects. This led him to write his first book, Lean Enterprise Systems. His second book, Lean IT, received the 2011 Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence research award. Steve's third book, Run Grow Transform: Integrating Business & Lean IT, will be published in mid-2012. Besides his work at Lean IT Strategies, Steve also serves on the faculty of the Lean Enterprise Institute.
To register for this workshop, click register to add the workshop to your purchase cart.Register
Note: Online registration for workshops must be paid for by credit card.
Continue browsing: Add more workshops to your cart and check out when you are finished.