The safe path to lean
Workshop Code: MW-13
Day & Time: Monday, Oct 15, 2012 - 8:00 AM
Length: 8 hours
Cost: $300.00 USD
Lean is more than just a way to improve productivity and profitability. It's a way of thinking and doing. That means lean can help build safer workplaces. And showing your employees this aspect of lean can bring greater buy-in and participation in all lean endeavors. While safety programs are generally well-intentioned, many of them take a reactive rather than proactive approach to many situations. That means there's an opportunity to apply lean and proactively engage your workforce in a focused safety-improvement program. The group exercises in this workshop will show how this can be done. Everyone will gain from this application of lean - because everyone's eager to rally around safety.
In this workshop:
- Process-map an incident/accident investigation process.
- Focus on root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Process-map safety processes.
- Write a safety vision statement.
- Create an employee safety engagement survey.
- Outline a safety improvement program.
- Develop safety improvement and safety observation forms.
- Engage your employees in safety.