Increasing Innovation Opportunities through Lean
No pain, no gain
Presentation Code: VS6-06
Value Stream: VS6 - Collaborative & Innovative Lean
Day & Time: Wednesday, Oct 17, 2012 - 1:30 PM
Length: 1 hour, 10 minutes
How does an engineering services firm full of highly creative and talented engineers and scientists engage in a lean journey? Very painfully, sometimes! Yet, Foth weathered the trials and tribulations over a five-year lean journey and is all the better for it. In the last two years, Foth has worked to translate the lean tools and methodology of lean product development into project management tools and processes designed to maximize customer value while driving out waste. In fact, lean recently positioned the company to deliver innovation opportunities for its member companies. This is lean success that you can learn from during this presentation.
In this presentation:
- See how to combat ineffective meetings, missed handoffs, fire-fighting approaches to risk management and scope creep.
- Leverage the collective wisdom of your teams during project planning and execution.
- Focus on process improvement events and standardizing work.
- Provide your talented members with more time to deliver innovation to your clients while eliminating the frustration of inefficient project execution.
- Learn about Foth's four basic tools that can improve your organization.
- Create virtual face-to-face communication between your client and project team members.
- Take home knowledge you can use to improve your business.
Foth and Van Dyke, LLCFounded in 1938 in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Foth has government, industrial and commercial clients. The company provides expertise in environmental, industrial and infrastructure consulting and engineering to clients throughout North America. Professional publications consistently rank Foth among the nation's top engineering consulting firms.
Michael GoyMichael Goy has been with Foth since 2010 and serves as lean champion for the infrastructure and environment divisions, responsible for the implementation of continuous improvement. Michael holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Calgary and has over 20 years of experience in product development, project management and leadership.
Value Stream presentations and Special Interest Sessions are open to all registered conference attendees. Once you register for the conference, log-in to your AME Conference Registration Portal. Use your personalized conference scheduler to map out presentations and Special Interest Sessions you plan to attend and register for a tour and workshop.
If you are not registered for the conference, register here:
If you are registered for the conference, login here: