A Different Kind of Manufacturer - Lean in the California Oil Fields
Applying lean for success
Presentation Code: VS4-09
Value Stream: VS4 - Lean Beyond Manufacturing
Day & Time: Thursday, Oct 18, 2012 - 1:30 PM
Length: 1 hour, 10 minutes
As one of California's largest oil and gas producers, Aera Energy is responsible for delivering about 20 new wells per week, using 800 contractor staff and up to 20 contract companies. In order to deal with this challenge, Aera Energy decided to learn from those who know what it takes to be successful: the Toyota Supplier Support Center, the Lean Construction Institute, leading edge lean thinkers and many industries and companies who are well into their lean journey. Aera Energy is quite pleased with the difference lean has made for the company, and will share what they learned so that you too can take advantage of these lean lessons.
In this presentation:
- Find out how lean helped make Aera Energy a world class organization.
- Listen and learn from a company that won the 2011 AME Manufacturing Excellence Award.
- Focus on the company's successful development team.
- Review the critical success factors that deliver an unprecedented number of oil wells.
- Hear about the company's process-driven alliance with 20 key suppliers.
- Learn about a fit-for-purpose planning system that allows just-in-time execution of design activities.
- Examine a lean construction process that uses very transparent visual tools.
- Acquire lean knowledge you can use for your business.
Aera Energy, LLCAera Energy, LLC is one of California's largest oil and gas producers, accounting for about 25% of the state's production. The company is headquartered in Bakersfield and most of its production is centered in the San Joaquin Valley. Aera consists of the California exploration and production assets previously operated by CalResources LLC, Mobil Exploration & Producing U.S. Inc. and ARCO. Aera is now jointly owned by affiliates of Royal Dutch Shell PLC and ExxonMobil and is operated as a stand-alone company through its own board of managers.
David GoldDavid Gold is a reservoir engineer with Aera Energy, LLC. He holds BS and MS degrees in petroleum engineering from Texas A&M University and is a registered petroleum engineer in California. He has worked on a variety of oil fields in Texas, Louisiana and California. David is a past president of the Society of Petroleum Evaluation Engineers and is currently working on the development of the light oil diatomite reservoirs at the Belridge and Lost Hills fields.
Value Stream presentations and Special Interest Sessions are open to all registered conference attendees. Once you register for the conference, log-in to your AME Conference Registration Portal. Use your personalized conference scheduler to map out presentations and Special Interest Sessions you plan to attend and register for a tour and workshop.
If you are not registered for the conference, register here:
If you are registered for the conference, login here: